Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

Nathan Sivin said:
 <
 < Marv Katz:
 <
 < Having read a flood of messages about OS/2, I am beginning to wonder when
 < it is going to be released. Any idea?
 <
 < I have dimly surmised that Warp, Personal OS/2, and OS/2 v.3 are one and
 < the same. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does this shilly-shallying indicate
 < that it is some distance from release?
 < They are one and the same. I've had the beta for a while now; the GA
(general availability version) is shipping. Should be on shelfs on or about
Nov. 1. Reports from people with the gamma (a limited release of the golden
code) are very favorable; in particular the installation process is much much
easier. For those who care I've been playing with a beta of the webexplorer
that will be sent later as an add-on and it is very nice too. Warp will ship
with a bonus pak of internet stuff that is more than a cut above the usual
applets.

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103