RE: A very basic printing question re XY3

The NET USE syntax you give is correct, except the switch is:
/PERSISTNET:YES

That makes it re-establish the connection even after re-booting.
I know next to nothing about this subject, but I have an old Xy3 startup
file with this at the top:

DO NET USE LPT1 \\dakota\ed_8k1 /YES

Some of that means:

dakota = server name
ed_8k1 = printer name
/YES = persistent (if I remember correctly)

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

>Thanks, Jeff. That might be one possibility. I seem to recall that
>there
>is some port-redirection service at the OS level -- it might be called
>PRINTMON (?)

If you're going that route, I think you have in mind the DOS command:
MODE.

Something like MODE LPT1=LPT3

(actual syntax may need adjustment--trying Googling it)

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx