Re: CMD.EXE for Win9x

> I guess that would mean giving up my beloved 4DOS?
Of course not. It doesn't change the COMSPEC. It doesn't change anything. It
simply means, that if U2 calls CMD.EXE, it exists and it responds. And it
works as CMD.EXE should.
Oh. I see. It's not putting down cmd.exe as the OS underneath Win9x, it
just sits there as any other program, ready to be called.
I was confused because 4dos.com substitutes for command.com. In fact, I
seem to recall just overwriting command.com with 4dos.com. But that's kinda
irrelevant if cmd.exe is acting as an app not an OS.
After all, in NT you have *both*
COMMAND.COM and CMD.EXE at your disposal. They co-exist nicely.

I didn't know that.

Thanks.
Harry

Harry Binswanger