indexing puzzle update 2

Dear Xy-Writers,

I have found that two of your suggestions work:
1) If I make one big file of the four AND remove the formatting from the tops of the last three files, I get a correct index. My worry here is that if I do this with all 25 files, the resulting file will be too large for XyWrite to handle. Is that a function of XyWrite or of the memory on my computer?
HOWEVER, it does not work if I don't remove the formatting, and conversely,
removing the formatting does not produce a correct index with @PRINT.
2) If I SP at n-1 for the middle two files I get a correct index. I find
this an inelegant solution, however, and it will take some fiddling to get
it to work for 25 files.
I think I have isolated the problem to @PRINT, and perhaps it is a bug in
my version 4.011. Could someone please send me Xy4-DOS version 4.018?

Many thanks,
Kerala

Kerala J. Snyder
Professor Emerita of Musicology, Eastman School of Music
kerala.snyder@xxxxxxxx