 Subject: Re: Floppy disc images
 To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 11:35 AM

 Jordan,

 It is good policy to keep old hardware for
 reading old media. In my
 case, my old DOS
 machine died some time ago (a battery-related failure
 that proved unrecoverable), and I managed to
 find a computer that I had
 saved that could
 run Win 2000 in order to attach it to the network and
 had ISA card slots for legacy cards. I moved my
 old hard disk and
 floppies to it, and I am
 a happy camper now.

 Best
 regards,

 Kari Eveli
 LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
 lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

 *** Lexitec Online ***

 J R FOX kirjoitti 15.11.2018 klo 20:25:
 > I have an old tower rig in storage that
 has two internal FDDs, covering both floppy types.  I was
 going to disassemble it and
 > give most
 of it to electronic recycling.  But the system still booted
 up when last I tested it a year or so ago, and it does
 have
 > controller support for a now
 mostly gone type of HDD.  So maybe I'll just hold onto
 it ?