Re: Xy program doesn't run in NB

Harry:

Once again the ground seems to be shifting. Weren't you proposing to embed  or  in your document? That was my understanding. My routine gets the current date and time into S/G 50, nothing more. As I said earlier, you can forget S/G 50 and simply embed  and  deltas instead. Then the routine becomes simply GT BX saQ2 BX waitQ2 BX tyQ2 .

GT  "modifies" the document (i.e., sets VA$MO=1) without actually changing it, to ensure that the ensuing SAve command doesn't trigger an ineffectual "File not modified -- Proceed"; you want the file to be updated on disk so that the SAve date and time and the current date and time are the same. That's all that code does.

> BTW, the encoding of the keyboard assignment didn't come out right: had
> square brackets where angle brackets should have been.

No, it DID come out right. The square brackets are *intended*. HELP XMACRO.

> OTOH, your idea of inserting Doc Info, TY-ing, deleting Doc Info, is
> looking better and better.

It's the way to go, IMO -- especially if you want to avoid re-SAving the document every time you
TYpe it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx