Re: Xy program doesn't run in NB

Carl,
Harry:
Once again the ground seems to be shifting. Weren't you proposing to embed or in your document? That was my understanding.
Oh, I didn't understand that your program was pursuant to that idea. I
thought it was self-standing. That would indeed be a possible way to go here.
 My routine gets the current date and time into S/G 50, nothing more.

Yes, I see that now.
As I said earlier, you can forget S/G 50 and simply embed and deltas instead. Then the routine becomes simply GT BX saQ2 BX waitQ2 BX tyQ2 .

Understood.
GT "modifies" the document (i.e., sets VA$MO=1) without actually changing it, to ensure that the ensuing SAve command doesn't trigger an ineffectual "File not modified -- Proceed";
Oh. I usually do that myself by putting a  into the file and then
BD-ing it out. I have that loaded on my CTRL-S for saving.
you want the file to be updated on disk so that the SAve date and time and the current date and time are the same. That's all that code does.

Okay.
> BTW, the encoding of the keyboard assignment didn't come out right: had
> square brackets where angle brackets should have been.
No, it DID come out right. The square brackets are *intended*. HELP XMACRO.
I've never used XMACRO before. Didn't it used to require REXX or some
auxiliary program? At any rate, thanks, I'm looking at it now. Hey! I just
did Hello World! That's terrific.
> OTOH, your idea of inserting Doc Info, TY-ing, deleting Doc Info, is
> looking better and better.
It's the way to go, IMO -- especially if you want to avoid re-SAving the document every time you TYpe it.
Yes, that's what I'm now pursuing. I've added AddDI to the U2. More testing
soon.
I'm sorry if the ground seemed shifting; it's only that we've pursued so
many ways to skin this cat that I can lose track of what is pursuant to what.
On another front, I hope you will look at the program that SEEMS (I can
always be mistaken about these things, as the record amply shows) to work
differently in Xy and NB (see my other post today).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx