Re: Win95 settings

> > Does anyone have recommendations about Win95 settings for
> > XyDOS 4.017 run either full-screen or in a window?

> Tell me this: do you run XyWrite 4.017 from a DOS Window?
> (I don't) or do you work from the desktop and simply click on "my
> computer," and then c:\xy4\editor? Or, do you use a "shortcut to editor"
> icon on your desktop?

> If the former, try the latter. If the latter, try running XyWrite in DOS
> mode, and create separate autoexec.bat and config.sys files for that
> purpose.

I have an icon on the desktop that is a shortcut to a batch file for
XyWrite. How do I create separate autoexec and config.sys files
for a DOS window or full screen session? [I'm not sure what "DOS
mode" *is*.]  I remember doing that with OS/2, but I've never
figured out which files Win95 uses for DOS programs run from the
desktop. Autoexec.dos? Config.DOS?

> Another question: do you always need to have the dictionary loaded?
This problem is not an overall memory one but something specific
to the dictionary. Even if I have only a one-line file loaded, I can't do
a spell-check with the UK dictionary unless I've fiddled around with
expanded memory or environment space or something. (The US
dictionary is about 110K; UK is about 141K.)

Myron