Re: DOS Emulator

Brian,

Yes, I saw DosBox mentioned in the New York Times, and downloaded it,
though I haven't tried it out yet. I was hoping that it would let me use my
old DOS batch files with timers that beep, using Norton Utilities,
Batchman, etc. They don't work under Windows.

Norman

At 12:17 PM 11/25/03 -0800, Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>   This is likely something some (or most) of you already know about, but
>it's news to me. It seems to be aimed at those who like to play old
>DOS-based games, but I thought I'd pass it on since it sounds like
>something right up a Xywriter's alley... -Brian H.
>http://boxbox.sourceforge.net  DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the
>SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms.
>DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as
>Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X... DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386
>realmode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, a SoundBlaster card for excellent
>sound compatibility with older games... "" the good old days with the help
>of DOSBox, it can run plenty of the old classics that don't run on your new
>computer! DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource.  DOSBox 0.60

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223