DOS Emulator

Title: DOS Emulator

This is likely something some (or most) of you already know about, but it's news to me. It seems to be aimed at those who like to play old DOS-based games, but I thought I'd pass it on since it sounds like something right up a Xywriter's alley...

-Brian H.

http://boxbox.sourceforge.net; TARGET="_blank">http://boxbox.sourceforge.net

DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...

DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386 realmode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, a SoundBlaster card for excellent sound compatibility with older games...

You can "re-live" the good old days with the help of DOSBox, it can run plenty of the old classics that don't run on your new computer!

DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource.

DOSBox 0.60 Released.
Several fixes and new features with this release:

Added basic 386 protected mode support.
Added FPU emulation.
Added a virtual modem to dial to TCP sockets, still somewhat bugged.
Added VESA VBE 2.0 support for 256 color modes.
Added SB PRO 2.0 support.
Added internal DPMI host to handle some problematic games.
Added some support for tandy video mode.
Added some shell enhancements like tab-completion.
Added better support for CD drives, better audio playing and cd labels.
Added several features to the debugger.
Changed memory system for future page mapping support.
Changed large piece of VGA emulation core to handle future changes for hercules and full cga,tandy emulation.
Changed DMA for better accuracy.
Changed Tandy 3-voice emulation to use MAME's sn76496 code.
Fixed several bugs in directory caching code.
Fixed bugs in PIT and real time clock for better timing.
Fixed some issues with the console screen on windows.
Fixed several issues with the internal mouse driver.
Fixed bugs with files being opened multiple times, still not perfect but better.
Fixed a load of small other bugs that i've forgotten with these long delays between releases