Re: Mac and Xy

I haven't decided, but I'm leaning that way because of two things: constant
irritation with Windows, culminating in my having to re-format and install
the factory Win XP, then spend a week re-installing everything (with many
"how to's" forgotten). Plus, a Mac-fanatic friend showed me how easy it is
to run Windows on the new Macs, with Parallels or VM Fusion. He could
actually have a Mac window and a Windows window open simultaneously,
seamlessly. When my system went blooey, he explained how simple it is to
take "snapshots" of the virtual Windows from time to time and easily roll
back (I couldn't get System Restore to do any restoring).
The biggest thing in Mac's favor is that it doesn't use a Registry!!!
There's no "installation" of any software--you just put a "package" from
your CD or downloaded onto your desktop, or into your Applications folder,
and run it. All of the files and components are in that one package (like a
zip file). Clean and neat!

--Harry
Just our of curiosity, Harry, what made you decide to go Mac?

Michael Norman