MAILING LABELS

It is an interesting exercise to try to produce, let's say 3-
up labels; that is three columns from a mailing list.  As 149 indicates it is a
two phase procedure.  Load a minimal prn file (like none), produce a file using
mailmerge and tyf that has just the addresses in a stream and then ty that with
snaking added (a little extra massaging about pl, fd ,etc of course).  Sounds
great.  Here's an extra wrinkle that I can get around (especially after I
reduce all this to a pgm) but am puzzled by.  Whether I use no prn file or a
minimal one (where the modes are blank, ff=0, of=0 there is no FB, etc., but
where FSWSWW//
  where the wild stuff manages to take care of elimating the ascii 10s.  Now I
know what they are--they are the remainders of getting to the bottom of the
page; I imagine if I counted them and added the # of lines in the address I
would get 66.  So how do I no get them, rather than how do I get rid of them?