RE: Logon

I just tumbled to what this discussion is about. The logon name you provide is used in a couple places in XyWrite. One is in redlining: the logon on name is pasted into the edit so that others can see who made the change. The other (that I know of) is in my routines for most-recently-used file, in which some information is kept in files whose names are based on the logon name. If you do redlining over a network, or send files back and forth for editing, the logon name could be a convenience.

I would guess, and it's only a guess, that if you have xpl that creates a filename called SYS, you
could get in some kind of trouble. Probably not, but SYS seems like some kind of reserved thingie.

Cheers,
Tim Baehr