Re: XYWRITE digest 2821

>Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
>But as far as we know, NO one has gotten Xy
>running satisfactorily on Linux yet.

Hi Patricia:

As a favor, a friend of mine who is Linux knowledgable took an old Windows 95 box of mine and
converted it into a Linux machine. He added both a Windows 98 emulator (Qemu) and a DOS emulator
(Dosbox). Both work. Xywrite 3.55 runs on both, no problem, in Linux, which isn't a minor statement
since my keyboard file is HEAVILY customized (arrow keys, capslock, tab, control, all remapped).
Yet, after I made some minor changes in startup.int and my keyboard.kbd so that the directories were
right, Xywrite worked fine.

My only complaint was screen size. Xywrite won't run as in a window at a large enough size. I
suspect however that with time I can solve even this problem.

Unfortunately, I am not yet the one to ask for any specific details about how to do this. I have
only started to learn Linux one week ago, and have had lots of false starts. But I can tell you
unequivocally that Xywrite 3.55 will work on Linux.

Bob
See my books and essays at:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3cxxp/zimbib.htm