Re: XYWRITE digest 2820

William E. Shawcross wrote:
Said friend reminds me that there is one thing he had to do which apparently changed things. In testing I had noticed that if I tried to copy a file (or even a single word) to LPT1 from the command line, I would get a message to the effect that there was insufficient server memory to execute the command. My friend snooped around the MS knowledge base and found a fix: using regedit, increase some buffer from 11 to 25.
Huh! That's almost incredible. But then this trick only works with W2k
or XP. And both of them need a LOT more RAM than MicroSludge tells
you. (I see PCs--mostly laptops--offered for sale with XP on them in
256 Mb. Idiocy.) If total RAM was low, the installation might set that
buffer, whatever it is, too low.
Yes, please, ask him what setting that was. Every bit of information
helps.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx