RE: Xy3 text into Outlook E-mail

	>-> I use Xy version 3.56. Some time ago I wrote a little kbd macro
	>-> ... to get Xy-composed text into E-mail messages. This has
	>-> worked well in Microsoft Exchange, but [not in] Microsoft
	<-> Outlook. ... I suspect the issue is 16 vs. 32 bit. I'm using
	>-> append file as text (not attachment) in both Exchange and in
	<-> Outlook. Outlook sees nothing. OTOH, using Xy4-DOS, Outlook
	<-> appends text just fine.

	>I can't imagine how Xy3 vs. Xy4 could possibly make a difference.
	>Or 16 vs. 32 bit. A text file is a text file. If it's visible to
	>Explorer, it should be visible to Outlook. Surely this is a
	>Microsoft issue.

	>I know zilch about Outlook -- but what, precisely, do you mean when
	>you say it "sees nothing"? In other words, you do what, and the
	>program responds how?

	It's even worse than I remembered. When I try to insert the file as
text (Insert-File-File as text only-click on file name), nothing appears in
the E-mail text window of Outlook, and Outlook crashes (!). I then back out
of Outlook with Ctrl-Alt-Delete and End Program. (Now I remember why I quit
doing this some time ago.)

	BTW, the imported file in question is created with the old XyQuest
"printer driver" called mail.prn (as I mentioned, perhaps too briefly in
passing, in my earlier post).

	Peter Brown
	pbrown@xxxxxxxx