XPL: Things executing instead of displaying/printing

Recently, in my programs, things that are supposed to go on the CM line or
even the PRompt line have been showing up in other places: in the text or
executed. I'm puzzled as to why this is happening.
I also am sometimes getting ascii 01 in the text. And, on occasion, the
program stops and the XyWWWEB.INF help screen appears. This happens only in
specific sections of longer code--haven't been able to reproduce it in a
code snippet.

Help appreciated.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx