Re: Intellectual property & copyright

Well, I got my open source gurus mixed up. Eric Raymond, whom I heard
last night, is in favor of open source software, but doesn't mind people
making money. It's Richard Stahlman who is at odds with the current
notion of copyright. Another man wrote to the Linux Journal,
maintaining that someday people will be as horrified at the idea of
intellectual property as we now are at the idea of slavery. (That seems
extreme to me.) There is also an interesting article in Linux
Journal (I think the August issue, but as it seems to have vanished
into the black hole that hovers in this apartment, I cannot be sure);
anyway, it dealt with fair use and was on the last page but one.
Patricia