callnext

from Morris,

	One of the most useful programs in U2 is callnext. It enables one to
sequentially call up files from a directory, one after another. I feel that
this program could be even more useful, if it has feature that enables you
to go back to the previous file. In other words you can move up and down a
directory.

	Sometimes it is difficult to understand the workings of digital programs.
The other day I could not get a program that I wrote to work in Xy4 (it gave
no problem in Xy3). Whether I called up the program from U2 or separately by
Ldpm on the cmline, the error message came up "Needs ID and expression".
However, the next day this program worked perfectly irrespective from what
source I used it.

	When one thinks of how willing members of this group are in sharing their
secrets and know how as far as XyWrite and other related issues then the
quotation below does not apply, but if they have some personal secrets or
skeletons in the cupboard, then it is good to heed this advice from the
primitive Bushmen of the Kalahari desert.

		The Bushman have a saying that if you have a secret that you feel is best
not revealed, then you must get rid of it.

	This is how they told it in their mythology.

	"The Bushman got frightened; his secret tormented him so much that he
nearly burst, so he ran into the desert and came to the hole of a hedgehog
in the ground. He threw himself down and shouted his secret into the hole
and then covered the hole with a large stone so that nothing of what he had
said should ever get out. He felt better because he got rid of his secret."