Possible way of forcind Win98 to use large fonts

I've been struggling over the past year trying to get XYWin to work in Win95
and then Win98 with large fonts so that I can use 1024x768 resolution. I'd
given up, but recently, on trying again, I found that it seemed to be
working. I thought it was due to the upgrade to Win98, but oh, no. It was
a virus program I was running. When I removed it, small fonts reappeared.

It does seem, however, that this may offer a way of forcing Win98 (I've not
tried it with Win95) and XYWin to cooperate. The trick appears to be to run
a DOS program (my anti-virus software ran a DOS box on bootup) from the
registry.

The DOS program has to be set up as a key in:
HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices.

I have been able to put a dummy batch program that does nothing in here and,
fingers-crossed, I am getting large fonts reliably. One word of warning,
however. If I make any changes to the display from display settings then
XYWin reverts to small fonts again. I have to go back into display
settings, reset small fonts, reboot, go into display settings again and
select large fonts, reboot, and everything seems ok.

If anyone is interested, I can mail the dummy batch program.

Paul Breeze