Re: XyDOS and tildes

Norman wrote:

>Cheer up--you can make the tildes reappear in the DIR list by expanding the
>display with shift-F9.
>
>There should be several ways to set the the DIR command to give expanded
>display by default, but I've forgotten too much of Tyson to explain how.

Of course, I know about that one, but I'm trying to make it easier --
(and transparent to my wife who also uses XyWrite, but only basic
functionality.)

I took someone's advice here and set the default dh=
in my startup.int. Works perfectly, since I seldom use
discretionary hyphens & never use the triple equal sign, and it gives me
back my tilde for other uses in text.

-pjd