Re: XyDOS and tildes

Cheer up--you can make the tildes reappear in the DIR list by expanding the
display with shift-F9.

There should be several ways to set the the DIR command to give expanded
display by default, but I've forgotten too much of Tyson to explain how.

Use the alt-D key with shift-F9, DIR, F9 perhaps?

Norman

At 09:02 AM 6/4/00 -0400, mp wrote:

>I seldom use tildes in anything, but occasionally they show up as part of
>the name of disk files and of course are invisible in the XY "dir" command.
>This is especially true with temp files and with files downloaded or
>copied from a windows 95/98 system where the original has a long filename.
>If you try to "call" the file directly from the command line, the name is
>wrong and the only signal is the fact that the columns (in the directory
list)
>don't line up. I know that, but it frustrates my wife, who doesn't get it
>often enough.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019