Re: lower o slash again

Robert Holmgren suggested that I post my actual routine, which I did
not do because it's both long and not very interesting as XPL goes,
and I didn't want to bore everybody. If my routine was really cool,
believe me, I wouldn't hesitate to show it off.

Here's all you have to do to replicate the problem:

(1) Create a text file and insert special character [809] into it
somewhere.

(2) Create a user program with command BX (cha/t |[809]|<\#191>|) in it,
where [809] is the special character for lower o slash. If anyone
cares, <\#191> is the Quark/Mac XPress Tag for the same character.

(3) Go to the text file and run the program on it.

You will encounter the phenomenon I described: error message, then
insertion of the ASCII 02 black face followed by the replace string
in an irrelevant place in the file, while the [809] remains untouched.

What makes me think this is a bug is that my routine successfully
translates every other accented character in the Mac character set from the
XyWrite special characters to their corresponding Quark XPress Tags.

I guess the workaround is to set up a loop using label and goto label,
search for the character, rubout the [809] and insert the <\#191> if
found, keep running the loop until it errors out as not found.

--Chuck Creesy
Princeton University Press
creesy@xxxxxxxx
609-258-5745  Fax: 609-258-6305