XY makes NY Times Magazine

The following is from a four page interview in
yesterday's (7 July 1996) New York Times Magazine
titled "The Cyber-Maxims of Esther Dyson," by Claudia
Dreifus.

 Dyson is the publisher of newsletter Release 1.0,
organizer of the annual PC Forum conference, and is
described in the article as "the most powerful woman in
the 'Net-erati'" and "one of the most influential
figures and certainly the most influential woman in all
the computer world."

 Q: Do you use Windows 95?

 A: No, I use Xywrite for a word processor, Eudora for
E-mail and Netscape as my Internet browser. As for
Windows 95, I gave my review copy to my stepmother and
father. There's no compelling reason for me to make
the switchover. My old stuff works. If I were
starting over with a new computer, I'd get it loaded
with Windows 95, and I do suppose in the long run, I'll
move over to it. Right now, a switch would be
complicated. Besides, it's not that easy to install,
which reminds me of a joke: Why did God need six days
to create the world? Because he had no installed base.

 Unquote

  Thomas J. Hawley / New York   tjh@xxxxxxxx