Re: XyMac

Hi,

glad to hear that you're using an ibook!
As far as Qimage, I don't know what exactly you are using it for, but there are other program for the mac that do various degrees of image manipulation. BUT, as you''ve realized, you can use it under vpc.
As far as changing your user name. It is very straight forward, but i
don't know if i would do that. I'm not saying that this might cause
problems, as I'm not sure, but i DO know that, under Unix and Mac,
there are certain things/applications that expect there to be a user
name, like you just mentioned. Changing that, in that manner, CAN cause
problems.
I would suggest, just putting your documents into another directory and
and making that a shared directory.
FWIW, i THINK that you can change your user name with fewer
ramifications, using one of the member modification utilities within OS
X. (This is all theory as i've never did this, but i think i've seen
other people talk about it.) David Pogue's Missing Manual series for OS
X is VERY good and I'm sure that is discussed there.

Russ