From: GARY CAPT THOMPSON
To: irene silverman
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:31 AM
Subject: help

Irene, I wonder if you can help me:
Having spent countless hours on a profile that is due Monday, working in a
file on a disk in xywrite, i tried to append some quotes from another disk
and ended up not being able to read my original profile file. I can read the
other files on the disk. Then, desperately trying to get into the profile
file (which i did not back up on my c drive), i seem to have renamed my a:
directory "profile," which, when called up (which it will do now), gives me
a directory list, including the original profile, which i still cannot open.
Meanwhile, when i type dir a: using the disk with the profile, i get a
directory listing that includes the profile, but a shorter (earlier?)
version. I cannot call that version up, either: the computer asks me to
store, abort, or whatever the other option is. I usually work with store,
not save, so this whole thing is very confusing. I strongly suspect that the
longer version no longer exists. Is there any hope?
I am going to continue to try to rewrite and work on the part that i had not
yet written but would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thank you,
Virginia