XyShell and Linux

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Thu, 20
Feb 2003 14:01:26 GMT

> I believe I recall that Robert hinted, some months ago, that XYShell would work under Linux. How
> would one go about configuring it, Robert?

Every OpSys requires one "master program" that makes XyShell work. It's a
program that interprets programs: O2.CMD for OS/2, W2.REX for Windows. None
yet exists for Linux -- namely because I haven't had a Linux installation for 4
or 5 years. I ran Red Hat for about 6-8 months, everything worked perfectly,
but at the end of the day I couldn't find anything that Linux could do, which
OS/2 didn't do as well or better, with more polish. I don't doubt that Linux
has improved steadily. For me, it's mainly a question of apportioning time --
and for me, Linux's time hasn't yet come. I may change my mind sometime soon
-- install it again just to see what the current status is.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx