Re: ot- buying a new name brand pc with xp

Well, Harry, I'm very much a creature of habit, and as such unwilling to give up on my Omnikey-102 keyboard.
Oh, I see. I can "get behind" that choice. I've used both Omnikey and Avant
Stellar. But I'm happy now with cheap, light, cordless keyboards. The touch
ain't as good, to be sure, but I find it good enough.
Incidentally, I did not find any noticeable slowdown on the main system where I did this. It has an E8400 processor, and a Max_something or something_Max keyboard -- can't recall the name now, but it was a runner-up to the Omnikey / Avant that was discussed here some years back. So, this may be a YMMV type of deal, depending on the hardware.
There was an issue regarding timing when doing my idiosyncratic control-key
substitutions (a variant on the old Wordstar "diamond"), but that doesn't
apply to 99.999% of people.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx