Re: Looking for XyWrite

--Rene von Rentzell writes:

>>2.  How do you do a search-and-replace using wild-cards?

>XY3 only allows searching, not replacing. XY4 has both. The key combinations
>you can look up in the help file.

Actually, in both versions the "CI" command does a search and replace. I
don't know if XyWrite commands are supposed to mnemonic, but I suppose
the "C" would stand for change (sort of like "CC" for Change Case.)
Anyone know what the "I" stands for?

You must use back-slashes as delimiters (like the Unix tool SED among
others.) So the syntax is:

  CI /old_text/new_text/

Can anyone tell me if there are "switches" for this command? The
default seems to be to replace every occurence of the found text.

Russell