RE: starting XyWin in minimal mode

Dorothy, if you have indeed exceeded XyWin's tolerances with the number of
your fonts, then (regardless of your opinion of the relative merits of
XyWin, NBWin, etc.) I'd try hard to reduce the number of your fonts. What
caused XyWin to gag is hardly likely to be harmless elsewhere. Once a year
or so I look quickly through my fonts and find several that I dislike --
presumably installed by programs when I wasn't looking, and Microsoft isn't
the only culprit -- and a much larger number that are pretty good but that
I don't particularly like and that I never choose to use.

If you're not sure which is which, then copy them elsewhere rather than
just deleting them; you may later find that some are needed for proper
display of this or that encyclopedia, etc.

Peter Evans