Re: Re clip will not work on new Windows 98 installation

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 03 Sep 2004
23:18:58 -0400

> I too am having trouble with v. 117 CLIP.EXE.

God, I just posted complete Debugging instructions two days ago!

Okay. First:

Download:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/CLIPW32.ZIP
Compare the latest U2 frame (XY4/CLIPWXY4.FRM in the ZIPfile) with frame
{{5ClipW*}} in U2 v117. I can't remember if there are any changes... If so,
copy the changes, then LOADHELP

Then READ:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2004/msg01138.htm

Do the "Check" stuff, then "Manual Debug". Follow the procedures carefully --
don't skip anything -- and report where error occurs. If you have more than
one REG file, then REName the inoperative one temporarily to see if that's your
problem. (One additional thing to "Check" is that the operative XYWWWEB.REG is
in the PATH. By definition, Editor's dir should be in the PATH, and REG should
be in Editor's dir, ergo...)

> For starters, I can't find a copy dated 2/23/04 of msvbvm60.dll. The one I
> have is dated 11-08-00. Maybe that's what the problem is.

I doubt it.

> I couldn't find
> the later version on the web, do you know where one is?

http://vbnet.mvps.org/files/runtimes/vbrun60sp6.zip

UnZIP, then run, the enclosed EXE

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx