Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

To MarvKatz:

The purpose of Os/2 for Windows (or of the full OS/2 with windows code) is to
permit you to run native 16bit windows applications. Without it you can run dos
apps and OS/2 apps, but not the windows programs. The reality of the current
software market is that there are very many, very good applications written for
windows. You may make due with dos and os/2 apps, but you are limiting yourself
severely.

I use ECCO Pro 2.0 as my "Personal Information Manager." I have a growing
investment in it and I find it extraordinarily powerful and useful. As of now,
I would not think of making an OS move that would deprive me of the ability to
run that program and several others. If I go to OS/2 (and I may sometime next
year as the smoke begins to clear and my hardware inventory stabilizes), I
wouldn't think of doing it without the windows code. The real question is the
next generation of apps. Will they be Windows 95 or OS/2. We will probably have
to choose between them.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947