Re: NB - search across files

Thanks to Leslie Bialler for his response. Another option for cross file
searching is Nota Bene's Orbis.

Orbis is a fast and powerful multi-file search engine. It is included as
part of Nota Bene's Scholar's Workstation and Lingua Workstation. First
define one or more textbases you will be searching (i.e., which files,
directories, subdirectories, extensions, etc.). Then whenever you want to
search, you can enter a word or use operators (and, or, not, xor,
parenthases, *) for more complex searches. Orbis will produce a table
showing every paragraph (or every sentence, page, file, etc.) that meets
your search criteria. You can see the full paragraph by clicking to
highlight the record that interests you. Expand to see more text from the
original file. Use results for reference or import them into an open NB
document.

One of our NB users said that NB+Orbis "makes one think about the role of
IT in creative writing, and if one exploits it, then one's creativity and
intellectual muscle are hugely enhanced." Orbis is a powerful tool that
many of our users have come to love. You can use it to manage a career's
worth of notes, documents, etc. and not only find what you are looking for
but make new connections and associations. I hope that many of you will
want to give it a try. For more information about Orbis, see
http://www.notabene.com/brochure/orbis.html and/or
http://www.notabene.com/comments_Orbis.html To download a demo and try it
yourself, go to http://www.notabene.com/winsws_demo.html or send a request
for a demo on CD to demo@xxxxxxxx.