accursed cursor

I installed XyDos4.018 on a second W98SE machine and ran it from a DosBox
[window]. In essence I simply copied over the setup from my first machine.
There I have a solid gray, unblinking cursor, 112 or 113 in settings.dfl.
In the second setup, something is amiss -- the cursor is solid gray, all
right, but the top line of pixels in the cursor blinks. To put it another
way, 98 percent of the cursor is solid and the top 2 percent blinks. I
checked the color palate. When I call up the color palate, none of the
colors blink, when, normally, that last line of colors should blink. I went
to full-screen dos and all was fine: cursor is solid gray and does not
blink, and, checking the color palate, the last line of colors blinks.
So...what's going in the window/box? Yes, each machine has a different
display adaptor, but I wonder if that's the problem. Thanks.

Michael Norman