Re: Off topic: ZIP formats

Patricia,

Winzip is easily obtainable on the web. I'm sure there's a later
version, but the principle hasn't changed at all. Winzip uses the old
PKZip standard and my guess is what's on your CD will serve you well
enough. And, if it doesn't well, the download is quick.

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> I've just dicovered that the ZIP util I've been using for years (a Korean
> freeware package called ZipNall) cannot preserve directory structure when
> unzipping. (Don't ask me how I could have missed that all these years.) I
> have copies of WinZip and something called TurboZip with dates of 3/6/98
> and 9/22/98, respectively, on some shareware CDs. Would they be able to
> deal with current ZIP formats? Or have the structure and algorithms of
> ZIP changed since then, so that I have to go find a new util on the Web?
> ZIPNall has a date in 2000 and hasn't choked on anything yet. Thanks.
> Patricia

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)