End of file char

    I have this irritation re end of file: when I want to send email messages composed
in Xy, some people have no MIME or equivalent decoders, so
I have to paste it in with the clipboard. To transfer the file to Eudora, I first have to
open it in Windows' Notepad, then copy it to the clipboard from Notepad (and finally paste
into Eudora).
    Cumbersome enough, but in addition when I open a normal Xy4 file in
Notepad, there is always a huge chunk of garbage (from somewhere in RAM) appended to the
end of the file. So first I have to select that and delete it.
    Does anyone know either a shorter way (e.g., to suck a file directly into Eudora
from Xy) or a way to avoid the garbage past XY's EOF marker when using Notepad?
    TIA,

     Harry Binswanger