Re: printer error messages

Harry Binswanger wrote:

3. XyWrite has the right .PRN file set in SETTINGS.DFL:
LPT2  c:\xy\hpdj660c.prn   any inkjet printer
What's changed is a new printer (that prints on LPT2 when the printer is attached via USB to my laptop).
Well, if both the attached printer and the networked one are set
to print to lpt2, you're going to have a problem, though to be honest, I doN't see why that would generate the error message you're getting). Try setting one to lpt1 (since I assume there's no real lpt on either of those boxes).
But adding  doesn't affect it--same "at least 2.5DI".

Try using OF1in,1in. The manual recommends using OF to set
overall margins, keeping LM and RM for temporary changes. Let me
get my default HP margins from the office (all printing here is
done through TYP, which means PostGhst formatting), and you can
try them.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx