Re: Drive Image--OT

J R FOX wrote:
a CD I picked up from a vendor online that purports to be able to make boot disks for a *huge*
number of operating systems, including just
about every version of Win -- although this may only go up through W2K. What about boot CDs ? Good
question -- I'm not sure. But it certainly suggests that there may be such a thing available by
now.
As I may have mentioned, Acronis TrueImage makes something it claims is a bootable Windows Image CD. I say claims because I've never tested it (that is, I made one but have never--knock wood!--had to use it), and what it did was ask for a bootable floppy, then presumably copied something from that to the CD. That obviiously wouldn't work with 2K and XP, which cannot boot from a floppy, though I belive Robert mentioned a boot floppy from some third party?

Patricia M. Godfrey