Re: Use ENTER instead of

The problem with "personalized" code is that other people may need
what you don't need. They may use XyWrite in ways that turn
purported efficiencies, such as shortened IF-EndIf statements, into
errors. With personal programming, it's caveat emptor in spades.

Yes, I abashedly agree.
So HBCD is a directory shortcut thingie.
Yes. And it's amazing how much better it is to be able to command "m"
rather than "cd \mailhbl"
for example. And elimination of just the "cd {space}" part is surprisingly
helpful.
I can understand your
wanting unrecognized commands to default to that operation, but I
don't think that modifying frame $X is the way to accomplish it. I'd
do it in a catchall frame {{5*}} located at the end of U2:
Ausgezeichnet! It works! So I've changed back to $X. Now how to justify the
happy hours spent developing and debugging $H?
This should work with my frame $X out of the box, no mods necessary.
In HBCD, however, change )> to )>.
$X already puts the CMline in S/G 50; all you need to do in HBCD is
to uppercase 50. Same if you launch with , as in
HBCD [shortcut]. )> is an error.

Done.

This is all great stuff, Carl, which adds to my debt to you.

Regards,
Harry
--
Carl Distefano