Re: Logon

** Reply to note from "Andrew J. Glass"  on Sun,
28 Jan 2001 07:44:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Andy. I'm gonna upgrade one machine to W2K to see what's up.
What specifically are the XyWrite problems that you see? Isn't W2K
really just an SP7 of WNT? Under all WNTs through SP6a, XyWrite works
well. When you ask W2K to declare itself at the build level, it
answers that it is WinNT. I take it at its word.

Nice to hear from you, after lo these many months (years?). IMO, one
of the biggest problems with M$ OpSys's is that there are so many of
them, or at least an appearance of many. If Gates is implying that he
will synthesize NT and 9x and reduce to a single product line, that's
good news. Trying to program around the itsy bitsy gnawing nagging
differences between e.g. W98 and W98SE and WME, is incredibly
irritating -- as is trying to decide which one of these crummy
products has the fewest inadequacies for a given purpose! It's
ridiculous not to converge them.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx