Just Plain Quit

Steve Crutchfield:

Your XPL commands for storing files, exiting, and so on are very useful, as I have found
for some time. They do not, however, solve my problem. I have assigned sf,ex to my ^Q
key, so that it will store all open files and quit without further ado. It doesn't quite
work. It persists in displaying an annoying "Do you really want to quit?" message, and
forces me to answer, as though I couldn't make up my mind without prodding. I have tried
all sorts of ways to stop this annoyance, but none succeed. Any ideas?

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325