how to map the tilde ~ key

I'm Father Bucko at Le Moyne College. I do not have my
registration number but I'm a pretty known quantity so I hope
you'll trust me for this!

I cannot type a tilde with my keyboard (key 41 I believe). I
tried going into the file and using ascii number 126 with the
control and alt keys down-- this prints a tilde such that 41=~
but the keyboard still does not produce the required character.

Can you please give me instructions for how to properly replace
the commands in my keyboard file so that I can use the tilde
key-- I need it in writiting html pages.

Thanks for your help.

 __|__
  __|__
 {__ __}
 { _ _ }
 | /
|==============================================================|
\ |
 | \ |        LE MOYNE COLLEGE * SYRACUSE, NY
  | / |
 | / |      DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
  | \ |
 | \ | RAYMOND BUCKO, S.J. * ANTHROPOLOGY *
BUCKO@xxxxxxxx | / |

==|_\_|
 {__ __}
 {__ __}