Re: OT: Wireless Internet

For what it's worth, I would never give up landlines, especially were
I living in America and fortunate to have the services of a company
as good as Verizon. You only know how ghastly the rest are when you
are elsewhere. Here in England, both the telephones and their
associated DSL are dreadful by comparison with anything I experienced
in America, though good by comparison with many other countries. And
don't, whatever you do, get cable telephony, which will put you off
the phone forever! In Austria, more than 50% of internet access is
via cellular broadband, but I would hate to have to depend on
cellular technology for anything.