Re: Mass Removal of Archive Bit on All Directories

Robert Holmgren wrote:

>  DIR D:\TESTOO~1
>  DIR D:\TESTOO~1\*.*
>  DIR D:\TESTOO~1\{any_filemask}
> Instead, you must locate *in* directory D:\TESTOO~1 by navigating to it; and
> then you must issue a simple DIR command with *no* argument:
>  DIR
> That works.

In case one is having problems with the navigating ("DIR Not Found", if I'm citing
the right error nomenclature), there is a pseudo graphical command we tend to
ignore,
which Xy carried over from DOS: TREE. There have been occasions when I could
not type in the DIR name in any form that seemed to get recognized, yet it *would*
get recognized somehow by TREE, and it was possible to scoot over to the
appropriate
point on the Tree display and issue a CD, placing me where I was trying to go.

Jordan