Re: "Cant run command"

Sam:
>Rene:
>Your path statement, for some reason, may have grown too long. If so,
>moving the "c:dos" to the beginning may solve the one problem but perhaps

Apparently. Never new I'd have to learn new DOS things after all these
years, but there you go...

>Finally, why don't you switch to Xy4, which has much better memory
>management. Keep Xy3 on board, as I did, at least until you no longer want

I have XY4 and use it occasionally, but I don't like the touch and feel
of it. It just seem "notchy", not direct and smooth as XY3. Also, there
is something weird about the autoreplace function in XY4, and I don't
want to modify all my .spl files.

>to go back to it for printing or whatnot. Put Xy3 and Xy4 in separate
>directories, along with their accompanying files even though there may
>seem to be duplication. You can have both in the path statement, if you
>like, but you may like to have a batch file something like

Did that right from the beginning. XY.bat starts XY3 and XY4 starts XY4.

>"c:\xy4\xy4.exe". And, of course, you will have set "startup.int" (wisely
>renamed to "start4.int") to the proper directory. A good batch command is
>"xy4\xy4 %1,c:\xy4\start4.int/e4000".

I'll add the /e4000 and see what happens. Cheers

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Nicholas Petreley's First Law of Computer Journalism:
--No technology exists until Microsoft invents it.