YES Xy3 on IPAQ PDA

I offer the following for those interested or just curious:

Here are some screen-shots & photos showing my HP IPAQ HX2750 operating Xy3 from an SD Card NO
MODIFICATION to Xy pgm are needed.

I can swap the SD Card into a laptop or desktop & run XY3. Which means I always have Xy with me
& my text files are very portable from PDA, to Laptop, to Desktop with SD Card slot or SD
card-reader (even have a PC Card SD adapter). My laptop has an SD Card slot - I use a 1 Gb SD card
but one could use a much smaller one if needed.

To operate on a Windows based PDA (like the IPAQ) you need a DOS emulation pgm. I've only used
"PocketDOS" but I believe there are others.

Running PocketDOS I map B: drive as the SD Card containing XY3 (You can set this as a permanent
mapping negating the need to do this each time you open PocketDOS)- Then I operate as one would on a
DOS machine - i.e. switching to B: drive, "CD" to xy3 dir - type "editor" &
well the jpgs tell the rest of the story.

On the IPAQ text can be entered via external PDA keyboard (including bluetooth), the touch screen
keyboard, or even the "graffiti" type handwriting pgm & stylus(for those of us who've
been using PDAs for almost a decade).

There is no speed lag or delay - Xy operates as if on a DOS machine.

I use standard commands, CA, SA, etc etc. & operate basic version of Xy. I have a greatly
modified version so cannot answer regarding variations of Xy configurations that I know are out
among the power users. My guess is mileage will vary depending on how complex the configuration.

Anyway thanks for the indulgence & enjoy.

Joe Fisher