Re: UD problems

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> When I go to the CM line and issue func UD
 [snip]
> I do get the nice undelete window and it shows the last deleted text
> highlighted. When I then hit ENTER to paste it in, nothing happens in
> the text *plus* re-issuing the UD function brings up an empty dlg box
> and a message that nothing has been deleted.
 [snip]
> Still needing help,

A possible (totally hypothetical, I haven't done any investigating myself)
explanation for your problem would be as follows:

When you're hitting ENTER to paste the deleted text, the cursor is still
on the command line and Xy tries to paste the deleted text to the command
line rather than to the text area (in Xy4DOS this has become possible, I
think, just as SaveGets can also be inserted on the command line whereas
in Xy3 they were always inserted in the text no matter where the cursor
was). Did you try to move the cursor back to the text and then hit F9 to
execute the FUNC UD command? I have a feeling that this should work, but
being of the hypothetisizing rather than the go-out-and-do-it-izing
persuasion, I'll leave the actual exploration up to you.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx