RE Which Computer

On the basis of two recent pleasant experiences, I have to say a word in
favor of Asus mobos. The XP box at the office has one, as does a
second-hand PC I just acquired. Both have very good docs (the new one's
came on the driver CD, the old's was downloaded from the Website, which
also has the driver files I'll need to reinstall Windows on it). When I
had to call tech support while setting up the XP box (the docs were
understandably not too clear about the different hard drive controllers,
IDE and SATA; it's new tech), I got (after the usual voice mail maze and
long wait on hold, but the music was classical) a knowledgeable,
intelligent, native-English-speaking tech who cleared the matter up PDQ.
Note on pronunciation: everyone else says it ACE-us, with the final
vowel a schwa, but their phone robots and real live people say ah-SUS,
with the final vowel almost that of French vu or German umlauted u.

Patricia M. Godfrey