Using Xy to dial your phone

Under Win9x, I could use Xy to shell out to run the little DOS program
ADT.COM to dial my phone. ADT doesn't seem to work with the simulated DOS
of XP.
Does anyone know how to get ADT to work with XP or else tell me about some
substitute dialer program that does work with XP? The few free dialers I've
found on the web are too complicated. Or, can I use the dialer supplied
with XP (I think there's one, but I'm unfamiliar with it).
It may be relevant to understand how I use a dialer. I have a "Demon
Dialer" box that is installed where the phone line comes in to the
apartment and allows every extension in the apartment to use the same
speed-dial system. To dial up Bob, I program the Demon Dialer to put out
Bob's number when, on any regular extension phone, I dial: #BOB#.
The problem is programming the Demon with the numbers and the
abbreviations. Since I use over 50 speed-dial abbreviations, I don't want
to program them all in by hand, which would mean dialing in, for 50+
numbers, sequences like: #S#BOB#2125551212# then hanging up, re-picking up
the phone, and doing the next one.
So I've been using an XPL program to do all this for me, based on a XY text
file that has all the information in a table. The program shelled out to
DOS, invoked ADT with the appropriate switches to pick up the phone, dial
the string into the Demon Dialer, hang up, and then exit DOS so the program
can go to the next entry in the table.

Help appreciated.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx