Re: XyWrite to Word

Control N does indeed give you a new document in Word. But it's an unnamed
file, so you then have to save it, which involves more keystrokes and dialogs.

Very true. Good point.
And the new file is based on the default template normal.dot, which--unless
you're doing something quick and dirty--is not what you want.

I don't use Word enough to use any other templates.
That's the kind of XyWrite efficiency that could be transferred to Word (and
would already be there if Microsoft had any clues about how to design a good
word processor interface, which clearly they do not).

I agree wholeheartedly with that.
Personally, I've always found XyWrite's two-letter command abbreviations (NE
for example) to be much easier to remember than the various control-alt-shift +
key shortcuts.
I use both, but if you can substitute a key shortcut, things go much faster
and more transparently. For instance, don't you use ctrl-S instead of F5 SAve?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx